More than the phonics manual, more than a reading textbook, the Reading Handbook for Parents provides answers to questions parents often ask. Topics addressed tell:
- How soon to begin instruction
- How to balance phonics with whole language in reading instruction
- Activities that prepare the child for reading
- Whether to have a struggling reader tested.
- Ways to use the Bible in reading lessons
Here is a book for parents to study, and then keep for handy reference. The concepts and methods will be helpful to families where the children attend a private or public school as well as home school.